For Sundays 69th Annual Primetime Emmy Awards, celebrity stylist Sarah Potempa (@sarahpotempa) styled Lea Michele using Aveda to create a modern spin on an old Hollywood classic. The simple and pretty style certainly made a statement with its high-gloss finish.
Get The Look:
- Create a clean center part and apply Aveda's Phomollient Styling Foam to the roots. Follow with Aveda’s Damage Remedy Daily Hair Repair on the ends.
- Roughdry hair until 80 percent dry and then finish with a brush, focusing on smoothing the ends.
- Curl 2" sections of hair with The Beachwaver Pro 1.25”.
- To polish the face-framing sections of hair, smooth with the Coast Pro Styling Iron and Aveda’s Brilliant Anti-Humectant Pomade. Then, take the front sections and tuck behind the ears. Securing in a low hidden ponytail underneath the nape.
- Set the style with Aveda's Air Control Light Hold Hair Spray by spraying the product directly onto a hairbrush before taking it through the hair.
- Finish by fixing flyaways with Aveda's Air Control Hair Spray. Potempa recommends rolling the can over the flyaways after spraying to help hold them down without creasing the style.
About: Founded in 1978 in Minneapolis, MN, Aveda creates plant-based hair, skin and body products for beauty professionals and consumers. Aveda innovates in botanical technologies, combining the principles of modern science and Ayurveda, the ancient healing art of India, to develop performance-driven hair, skin and body products—made with pure flower and plant essences— that are created with respect for the Earth, and a comprehensive menu of ritual-based treatments for holistic beauty.