Sure, during the summer months, clients are eager to beat the heat and it’s easier to make the chop. But, truth be told, there’s no better way to say hello to fall than with a fresh cut. Celebrities like Nina Dobrev and Olivia Culpo have recently joined the bob brigade, and we can now add another starlet to add to the list: Rowan Blanchard.
Celebrity stylist Laurie Heaps (@_hairbylaurie) has been progressively making Blanchard’s hair shorter over the past months. At a recent appointment, Heaps took her length from long lob to shoulder grazing. Here’s how you can recreate Blanchard’s ’90s-inspired look:
- Cut a blunt bob to achieve the basic foundation.
- Next, go in with shears and notch the ends in to disconnect.
- To finish, use a razor to soften the disconnection.
- After blow drying it straight, cut more into the edges to keep it modern.
- Use the Biosilk Titanium 1" Flat Iron with White Sands Liquid Texture Medium Thermal Styling Spray to create textured waves.
- After sectioning the hair, create waves by starting at brow level and then work your way down. The key to this technique is moving your wrist in opposite directions. Leave the ends straight for an effortless look.
- To finish, apply OUAI Finishing Crème through the ends for texture and finish with OUAI Soft Hair Spray.
About: Farouk Systems, Inc. is a Houston based company of hairdressers for hairdressers. They manufacture high quality professional haircare products, including industry-leading brands CHI® and BioSilk®. Farouk Systems was founded in 1986 by Farouk Shami, a hairdresser whose mission is to provide the professional beauty industry with the most advanced American technology based upon “Education, Environment and Ethics”. Farouk Systems distributes its products throughout the United States and to over 100 countries worldwide.