I'll be the first to say it—the bronde haircolor trend is easily one of the better things 2017 brought to us. The blonde and brunette combination satisfies the indecisiveness in all of us and looks good on just about any client.
Celebrities, influencers and hairstylists have taken to Instagram to show off their own variations of the blended goodness and we're crossing our fingers that the trend lives long into 2018. Kesley Reynolds (@purplehairlady), owner of a Sola Salon Studio in Salt Lake City, transformed her client's lob with a golden bronde balayage and shared the formula with us.
Get the Look:
- Client's starting level was level 5 with 25 percent gray.
- Base color: Aloxxi Chroma 4RM with 20 volume-developer.
- Paint a partial balayage around the part with Matrix Light Master, Matrix Light Master Freehand Additive, Olaplex No. 1 and 20-volume developer.
- Shadow box underneath: Aloxxi Chroma 6RM.
- Processed color for 40 minutes and balayage for 25 minutes, rinse and shampoo.
- Tone balayage with 6RM for a more translucent tone.
- Shampoo again and condition.
- Pro tip: Shadow boxes are a great way to create depth and make balayage colors really pop throughout, especially on shorter haircuts like the lob.