Hair accessories are one of the key trends this year, so create this headband style with these simple steps from TONI&GUY’s international artistic director Cos Sakkas.
- Find the placement of the band. It needs to sit diagonally back forward through the top of the head, then angle back behind the ears.
- Take a section that is about 1.5-inches and secure.
- On either side of the band section, take a half-mm section and create a scalp braid, which will be the band’s outline.
- Inside the scalp braid, flatten and spray the hair and fit it in place with heat and hairspray to give it solidity and shine.
- It’s important to leave a bit of scalp visible on the scalp braids so it looks like the band is added rather than part of the hair.
- At the front, create a classic roll through the fringe and create a vertical roll through the back.
Photography: Jack Eames
Makeup: Lan Nguyen-Grealis
Fashion Styling: Veronica Greenhill