Celebrity hairstylist Ryan Richman styled Sadie Sink using Olivia Garden products at the 2023 Critics' Choice Awards.
"Sadie was wearing a strapless black Chanel dress with sequence detail. It’s always important to me to keep young people age-appropriate on the red carpet," Richman said. "As a team, we discussed a lot of fun and edgy hairstyles. In the end, shiny and polished hair was the youthfulness we were looking for."
How to Achieve the Look
Here Richman discusses how he achieved the look:
1. I prepped the damp hair with the Aveda Smooth Infusion Perfect Blow Dry Spray to tame unruly frizz.
2. I then moved on to spraying the hair starting at the mid-shaft to the ends with the Aveda Heat Relief Thermal Protector and Conditioner Mist to protect hair against heat damage.
3. I moved on to blow-drying the hair with the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Hair Dryer and used the concentrator nozzle attachment to create a sleek and shiny look.
4. I then used the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Speed XL Hairbrush to smooth the hair and perfect the blowout.
5. To create a soft loose wave, I styled the hair by wrapping flat strands around the NEW! Olivia Garden Titanium + Ion 1.25” Curling Iron
6. We wanted the hair to have a soft wave look, in order to remove body from the initial styling I pulled the ends of each curled section with my fingers while it cooled.
7. To secure the loose waves I sprayed the Aveda Air Control Light Hold Hair Spray after each section for a flexible hold.
8. Finally, I sprayed the Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray on the Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Large Paddle Brush to polish and perfect the look.
Aveda Smooth Infusion Perfect Blow Dry Spray, Aveda Heat Relief Thermal Protector, and Conditioning Mist, Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Hair Dryer, Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Speed XL Hairbrush, Olivia Garden Titanium + Ion 1.25” Curling Iron , Aveda Air Control Light Hold Hair Spray, Aveda Control Force Firm Hold Hair Spray, Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Large Paddle Brush