For Selena Gomez's Emmy Awards look, celebrity hairstylist Marissa Marino wanted something up and sleek that complimented the high neckline on her white Celine gown. But, she still wanted volume in the front for a retro feel, she said.
Here she shares how she got the look:
- On damp hair, use a dime-size amount of Moroccanoil Treatment or Treatment Light to provide the perfect foundation for styling. This gives the hair a nice rich brown gloss to ensure it would be super shine.
- Next, blow-dry hair smooth and follow by separating out the crown section of the hair and clip it out the way.
- Pull the rest of the hair into a sleek high ponytail and tame flyaways with Styling Gel Strong.
- Once the ponytail is secured, curl the crown section of the hair and mold it into a voluminous side sweep. Hold in place by using the Luminous Hairspray Extra Strong to guarantee a hold that will last all night.
- Finish the style by tying all of the hair into a bun to complete the look.
- Lastly, spray the Glimmer Shine all over for extra shine.