Sofia Vergara dazzled at the Miami premiere of her Netflix series "Griselda" in a custom gold strapless Laura Basci gown, with her hair cascading in loose, silky waves.
Schwarzkopf Professional stylist Tyler Johnston created the actress/ producer's red-carpet locks using OSiS+ products. Her "Griselda" premiere look comes on the heels of Vergara's announcement as Schwarzkopf's new global brand ambassador.
Johnston finished Vergara's red-carpet style by "dropping the hair back over one side of the shoulder and giving lift to the crown area. It gave an 80s feel to the hair, which mirrored the incredible 80s-inspired outfit that Sofia was wearing."
Johnston outlines from cut to styling how he achieved the glamorous look:
- I started the haircut by lifting the outline length so it drops just past the shoulders.
- I point cut the outline to create softness.
- I then cut some very long layers into the internal shape, again using the points of my scissors to create softness.
- I then shaped the outline through the front so that it gave really beautiful face framing; this is key to the overall shape and look. It gives modernity and personalizes the finished look.
- For the blow dry I used the Schwartzkopf OSiS Grip Extreme Hold Mousse and gave the hair a full blowout.
- I then worked with a large-barrel tong and created texture around the mid-length sections leaving the ends out — this gives a more modern feel.
- After leaving the sections to cool down, I worked with a bristle brush and worked the hair so that it creates a modern contoured wave.
- At the root area on top of the crown, I slightly lifted the roots to give a classic retro feel but still keeping it modern.
- I worked with OSiS Dust It around this area to give more support and hold
- Then I added a fine mist of OSiS Freeze Medium Hold Hairspray overall to hold the shape and give a sheen-like modern finish.