The Rochambeau Spring/Summer 2016 collection was inspired by philosopher Michel Foucault's essay, “Of Other Spaces, Heterotopias." The designers played with the idea of spaces that have more layers or meaning than immediately meet the eye. Lead Bumble and bumble stylist Colin McCarthy complemented the collection by creating cool, schoolboy looks.
"The collection is really clean, so we're being as particular as we can about the details for the hair,” said Colin McCarthy. “We wanted to mirror the metallics in the clothes and create a sheen so the hair has a really glossy finish”
1. Create a deep side part, keeping it super clean and straight.
2. Prep hair with Thickening Hairspray before blow drying the product in for structure.
3. Follow with a mixture of two parts Sumotech (for hold) and one part Semisumo (for gloss) and apply throughout, using hands to work the hair back.
4. Use a styling brush to clean up the part area and to erase any comb marks.
5. To maintain the same silhouette for guys with longer manes, hair was pulled back into a low man bun (or low, looped ponytail).
About: Bumble and bumble was founded in 1977 as a New York City salon known for its inventive cuts and connection to the fashion and editorial world. Today, the company includes a complete hair care line with a full range of shampoos, conditioners, styling and treatment products, as well as The House of Bumble, home to an additional salon and Bumble and bumble University, which provides both business and design education to its network of salons. For more visit bumbleandbumble.com.