An easy way to embellish a simple nude manicure is with crystals (or rhinestones) along the cuticle. At the Lela Rose Fall/Winter 2020 New York Fashion Week show, Rita Remark for essie created this eye-catching 3D manicure, nodding to the necklines and sleeves trimmed with crystals in the collection. “It almost takes the place of jewelry,” she said. “The crystals instantly dress up a classic, sheer pink manicure.”
1. Prep nails with one coat of here to stay base coat.
2. Apply two coats of hi maintenance, a sheer, pale pink.
3. Set with a layer of gel-setter top coat for high shine.
4. Using tweezers, place three crystals dipped in a pro adhesive in the center of the cuticle on the thumb and ringer fingers (left hand), as well as the index finger (right hand).
5. Finish by tracing around the edges of the crystals with a detail brush dipped in speed.setter top coat to “hug” the embellishments to the nail.