As I blogged about a few weeks back, Kryolan was the official cosmetics sponsor of the 58th-annual Miss Universe pageant, which was held last night. Although Miss Venezuela took home the crown, the makeup artists from Kryolan made sure that each contestant looked like a winner. Here are some notes from the backstage team on how they got the woman ready for the cameras and the catwalk:
- "The look designed for the pageant was simple, clean and based on natural tones of taupe and warm brown whileÂ blending in deeper browns, charcoals and hints of black for projection. High Definition always requires the blending of colors with graduations from light to dark. This process is the best way toÂ apply color. It takes a few minutes longer to apply, but the endÂ results are timeless."
- "Because it was being shot in HD, oneÂ of the key elements was the prep work.Â It was important to makeÂ sure that the contestant's face was properly cleansed and moisturized (face, eyes, etc.). We followed with an application of Kryolan Ultra UnderÂ Base to ensure an even skin surface and flawless finish. The varietyÂ of foundations used was based on the contestant's skin type. TheÂ foundations used were the HD crÃ¨me, HD fluid or HD smoothing fluid. We then worked on the eye area using the HD Micro Shade (crÃ¨meÂ shadows) in graduations from light to dark, followed by our cream blusherÂ (SF3, Redwood or Dahlia) and then carefully powdered the entire face."
- "Some of the contestants required false lashes. We used TV1Â lashes for contestants that needed a little more depth and TV5 lashesÂ contestants with little or no lashes."
- "Next we defined the lips,Â based on the contestant's skin tone, with natural lip pencil colors (#125,Â #123) along with our LG palette."
- "The final step was to apply ourÂ blusher to enhance the face with a healthy glow and tie all the elementsÂ together for the pageant."