COTY Sells Majority of Professional Brands

Coty Inc. has agreed to sell a majority of its professional beauty and retail hair business, which includes Wella Professionals, Clairol, OPI and ghd, to KKR.

“This announcement represents a great milestone for our Wella North America organization," said Coty Professional North America President Sennen Pamich in a press statement. "We are confident this partnership will bring new opportunities. In the meantime, we remain fully committed to supporting our customers and our industry as it bounces back from the COVID-19 crisis."

YOUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER - FREE

Enjoying this story? Subscribe to the American Salon Newsletter

Get inspirational trends, techniques, tips, education and the latest beauty news delivered right to your inbox! To read on the go, sign up today to get weekly beauty news and updates.

Coty will carve out “Wella” and its portfolio of professional brands into a standalone company in which KKR will acquire a 60 percent stake and Coty will retain the remaining 40 percent interest, according to the press release.

In 2016, Coty acquired the professional beauty and retail hair brands from Procter & Gamble.

Suggested Articles

We are taking part in Blackout Tuesday on June 2nd to stand in solidarity with the Black community.

As the world gears up to slowly reopen for business, where does this leave the salon industry as a whole?

Members of the beauty community are showing support and donating to important causes amidst the protests in response to the death of George Floyd.