Always a red carpet favorite, Best Supporting Actress nominee Penelope Cruz didn't disappoint at this year's Academy Awards. Iconic hairstylist Oribe, who has styled Cruz for many awards shows and events, continued his winning streak of using Cruz's hair to complement her overall style. “We chose a very easy, elegant bun because with this look, it was all about the dress,” Oribe said. “All of the elements were already there, from a beautiful movie star to a beautiful dress, so we wanted to go with 'less is more' and keep the hair simple and chic.” Here's how to recreate the look:
- Blow-dry the hair so it’s dry, but don’t worry about making it too perfect.
- Use a 1 1⁄2-inch curling iron to curl the entire head.
- Brush out the curls well and spray Oribe Impermeable or another anti‐humidity spray to set the style and prevent frizz.
- Pull hair in a knot and separate the knot to balance the head.
- Pull out small tendrils around the face and neck to soften the look.