For the Goldwell 2017 Color Zoom Challenge, leading hair colorists from the across the country submitted their entires for one of three categories: Creative Colorist, New Talent Colorist and Partner Colorist. Stylists were challenged to interpret the IN-FLUX theme and create a style that defies the conventions of color, shape, cut and texture.
In June, applicants were narrowed down to 15 semi-finalists, five standout colorists in each category, by a panel of industry experts including: CosmoProf Brand Ambassador, Larisa Love; Umbrella Salon Founder and ORIBE Director of Content and Training, Kieng Hoang; Kao USA Inc. Education Vice President, Sandra Humphries and Kao USA Inc. Marketing Vice President, Andrea DeLeon.
- Laine Aronesty, Hair by Scott & Co., (Delray Beach, FL)
- Linda Cabrera, Hair by Scott & Co., (Delray Beach, FL)
- Kirstin Forbes, Untamed, (Anchorage, AK)
- Lauren Kocman, Hair by Scott & Co., (Delray Beach, FL)
- Sharie Valcin, Trio Salon, (Chicago, IL)
New Talent Semi-Finalists
- Sophia Ance, Cortello Salon, (Jacksonville Beach, FL)
- Kylie Bussing, Aidan James Salon, (Nashua, NH)
- Alicia Capazzoli, Hair by Scott & Co., (Delray Beach, FL)
- Madison Williams, Keith Kristofer Salon, (Austin, TX)
- Michelle Vance, The Upper Hand Salon: River Oaks, (Houston, TX)
- Rob Burgio, Salon La Moda, (Tonawanda, NY)
- Mackenzie Fox, Oggi Salon, (Philadelphia, PA)
- David Peacemaker, David Ross Salon, (Charlotte, NC)
- Stacey Smoker, Riccardo Maggiore Flatiron, (New York, NY)
- Mio Sota, Trio Salon. (Chicago, IL)
Following the semi-finals, a 2017 Color Zoom Challenge U.S. Gold, Silver and Bronze winner in each of the three categories will be named by the Goldwell Hair Color Global judges’ panel in Germany. The Gold winners from each category will be invited to participate in the Color Zoom 2017 International Competition at Global Zoom. This dynamic live competition will take place in Barcelona, Spain in October, allowing finalists from around the world to showcase their talent. Judges then decide which colorists will earn the Bronze, Silver and Gold Medals in the Global Creative Colorist, Global New Talent Colorist, or Global Partner Colorist categories. The Global Gold Medal Winners will get to help create an upcoming fashion forward Color Zoom collection.