The countdown is on—we're less than two weeks away from The International Beauty Show. In it's 101st year, the nation's longest running beauty show is set to draw beauty gurus from all different professions to New York City for three jam-packed days.
One of the show's biggest highlights is the world class education available to attendees, including 100 free classes, pay-to-attend master classes and hands-on workshops. Leading up to the event, we're highlighting several speakers that you'll want to add to your list of must-sees. Today's spotlight is on Kari Kisch.
Who: Kisch has been in the makeup industry for 30+ years. She spent 10 years as a trainer with MAC Cosmetics during the early incarnation of the brand, and has worked with celebrity clientele including Jennifer Aniston, Alicia Keys, Michelle Obama, James Spader and Ozzy Osborne. Her makeup has also been seen on many national advertisements for NIKE, Revlon Professional, Yogi Tea and other big name brands.
What: Kisch will be teaching two classes at this year's International Beauty Show, including "HD Makeup for Print and Film" (an additional fee class with limited space) and "Elevating Eyes".
- The "HD Makeup for Print and Film" hands-on workshop provides you with the skills to flawlessly execute makeup for all high definition areas. Kisch will explore all product options and explain what is necessary for your kit. Attendees will learn the techniques and skills necessary for perfect foundation, eyeshadow application, and contouring for HD.
- During "Elevating Eyes," Kisch will thoroughly explore all aspects of eye makeup through the use of color, placement, and framing. If you have have ever wondered why some eyes are more mesmerizing then others, this class will teach you the techniques you need.
Why You Should Attend:
1) Learn the truth behind products are necessary for flawless makeup application.
2) Experience makeup styles that will deliver intensity while remaining realistic.
3) First-hand look at exact techniques that Kisch uses to create makeup that does not need retouching .
4) You will gain more confidence in working on a set with editors, art directors and photographers.
5) Kisch is known to be fun, inspiring and very honest.