Backstage at the Delpozo runway show for New York Fashion Week, Moroccanoil Artistic Director Antonio Corral Calero created a stunning rolled updo featuring three twisted knots and strict lines to accentuate the Fall/Winter collection from Spanish design house Delpozo. The collection was inspired by the geometric post-cubist art of Duilio Bernabé and the futuristic 1960's novel Logan's Run.
"The look is smooth, sleek and asymmetrical, and they highlight pure, rounded geometrical form," Calero said.
The details of the hair how-to are at the bottom of this post.
For the nails, Pattie Yankee for Patricia Nail Lacquer and her team created a custom mirrored nail look. “We wanted the models to be able to see the gorgeous pieces they were wearing,” said Yankee. “With the mirrored nails, we were able to achieve that.”
Yankee and her team applied glue tabs to the back of the press on nails and adhered them to the models. The nails were then filed down to a natural length with a rounded shape.
HAIR HOW-TO from Antonio Corral Calero
1. “I started by applying Moroccanoil Treatment (or Moroccanoil Treatment Light for
models with light or fine hair) to condition and smooth.”
2. “After making a deep side part (on the left), I brushed hair to the side and sprayed Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong to make the hair sleek and prevent flyaways.”
3. “I continued with a right diagonal part from crown to nape, brushed and again sprayed the hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray Strong.”
4. “Next, I tied a ponytail at the nape on the right, and then made another part mid-head and toward the ear on the left, creating another ponytail above the first. I brought this second pony down and tied it mid-tail with the one below at the nape.”
5. “I pulled the original ponytail (on the right) horizontally over to the one on the left, and tied it mid-tail at the nape.”
6. “Finally, I divided this unified left-sided ponytail into two parts. I twisted and looped the first part of the pony in and around below the top left pony, to create a rounded, vertical tube-like effect, and pinned. I then twisted and looped the remaining part of the pony around the section mid-nape and pinned.”
7. “I finished the look with Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine Spray.”