World class, advanced education is now available in 50 locations throughout the U.S., thanks to the launch of the Matrix Education’s Matrix Academy program. Now stylists everywhere will have access to affordable, relevant education designed to provide inspiration, new skills and real world takeaways that translate into immediate success in the salon. A team of 45 educators will lead eight classes, with more than 200 sessions scheduled in 2017.
The class roster reflects the most top-of-mind trends and techniques for stylists and their clients today. The programs were designed based on input from key Matrix facilitators who work in their own salons, as well as in the field, and have firsthand knowledge of the day to day needs of Matrix stylists. “All of the techniques we will be teaching were created by our educators based on skills they use in their salons,” says Matrix AVP of Field Education Anna Manukyan. “They’re practical and relatable. And we’re committed to sending every student home with three solid takeaways that zero in on exactly what their clients want and need so they’ll have the tools to earn more money.” In addition, according to Matrix Director of Education, National Stores, Chris Sarel, all classes are hands-on and designed to help stylists customize what they learn in order to craft their own personal and professional brands.
THE MATRIX ACADEMY LINE-UP
Matrix Academies have been established at Salon Centric locations nationally, and will be equipped with high tech support items like display screens and iPads. The eight classes available this year represent what matters most in salons today:
- Creative Cut & Color. A session geared to the stylists who are ready to explore their skills in the photographic arena. The class will take students through gathering and filtering inspiration for a shoot or a collection, creating mood boards and useful hairstyling techniques.
- Vivid Hues & Social Cues. Social media is essential for success in the salon business today, and this class combines the art of “Instagram-able” vivid and pastel hues with the proven strategies to craft a robust social media presence.
- Essential Balayage. Encompassing every palette—from blonde to brunette to red—this course offers hands-on training for the world’s most popular color technique, at every skill level.
- Progressive Balayage. For artists who can’t get enough, this session takes them to next levels of balayage, exploring techniques like smudging, lacing, sombré, Color Melting and more!
- Men’s Classic Barbering. Barbering is one of the most intriguing and intimidating service areas today. This class brings stylists’ barbering skills up to speed, then takes them beyond the classics into styles with an edge!
- Haircutting By Design. Cutting is the foundational service of nearly every salon. This course shares new cutting concepts, plus develops the stylist’s eye to make it easier to craft a wide range of shapes and silhouettes.
- The Color Scene. Balayage is just the beginning in this comprehensive color session. Students explore a myriad of new techniques—including Color Melting, Color Blocking and innovative foil designs—geared to powering their color work to new levels.
- Runway Ready. Here’s a course that looks at runway hair, then breaks it down into the elements a stylist needs to understand to adapt these looks to every client and every occasion. The day includes a historical perspective of how techniques from previous decades and centuries still influence the work done today.
“With these classes,” comments Sarel, “It’s our opportunity to show stylists how special they are and to help them realize their dreams by providing them with attainable, amazing education!”
More information on every class is available on matrixpro.com. Each class is $125 for a full day, and includes materials, a mannequin head and products. Stylists can purchase tickets for classes in their areas on www.saloncentric.com.
MATRIX, the leading professional haircare and haircolor company in the United States, is part of L'Oreal USA's Professional Products Division. Founded in 1980, MATRIX is committed to the development of the salon professional and offers a wide range of products including: Biolage, Biolage Advanced, Biolage Cleansing Conditioner, Biolage ExquisiteOil, Biolage Styling, COLORGRAPHICS, COLORINSIDER, Color Sync, Logics, Oil Wonders, SOBOOST, SOCOLOR, Style Link, and Total Results (MATRIX professional products are available only in salons and can be guaranteed authentic when purchased from authorized retailers.) Visit www.mymatrixfamily.com for techniques, formulas, salon resources and much more.