The Professional Beauty Association (PBA) is excited to announce the winners of the 28th annual North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA), the beauty industry’s most prestigious photographic competition. NAHA took place during PBA Beauty Week at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas on Sunday, July 9.
As the top hair, makeup and nail competition in all of North America, NAHA features 15 categories of excellence including two new categories, Haircutting and Styling & Finishing. This year’s event featured special guest Eden Sassoon and honored legendary hairstylist Sam Villa with the Lifetime Achievement Award.
NAHA 2017 celebrated the beauty industry’s most talented artists and recognized the skill, vision and creative execution of both individual finalists’ award-winning entries and the artistic presentations from NAHA Diamond Sponsors including Aveda, Beauty Underground, Morrocanoil, Living Proof, Mizani as well as 2016 Hairstylist of the Year, Matt Swinney.
- Chelsea James - Forma Collective Salon, Englewood, CO
Editorial Stylist of the Year
- Heggy Gonzalez - Aveda Institute Provo, Orem UT
- Matt Swinney - Evolution, Minneapolis, MN
- Anica Lordache - ModMop, Ottawa, ON
Hairstylist of the Year
- Mio Sota - Trio Salon, Chicago, IL
Make-up Artist of the Year
- Florencia Taylor - London, ON
Master Hairstylist of the Year
- Damien Carney - New York, NY
Men's Hairstylist of the Year
- Whitney VerMeer - The Aesthetic X Whitney VerMeer, Minneapolis, MN
Nail Professional of the Year
- Rochelle Dingman - Shear Fashion Salon, San Jose, CA
Newcomer Stylist of the Year
- Junryl Molina - Patrick Evan Salon, San Francisco, CA
Salon/School Design of the Year
- Broome Street Society - New York, NY
Salon Team of the Year
- Evolution - Minneapolis, MN
Student Hairstylist of the Year
- Aisling Campbell - Aveda Institute Tuscon, Tuscon, AZ
Styling & Finishing
- Diana Skrabanek - Ruiz Salon, Austin, TX
- Julie Kocanyar - Reverie Salon, Chicago, IL
People's Choice Award
- Blushes - Ottawa, ON
NAHA 2017, which includes the entire awards ceremony and interviews from the pre-show Red Carpet Reception, is available to stream on-demand at www.nahalive.com.
NAHA 2018 will take place Sunday, July 29, 2017 at the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas, Nevada. The NAHA 2018 entry process opens December 1, 2017. Collections will be available online at probeauty.org/naha.