Redken Symposium 2017 is just a week away! The bi-annual event will be held on January 15-17 at the Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas. This year’s event will be all about the Redken love, focusing on highlighting ways that will help professionals on how to learn better, earn better, and live better in every aspect of their lives.
Every two years, more than 10,000 beauty professionals come in from 34 different countries, ranging from novices to A-list celebrity colorists, covering everything related to the multi-billion-dollar haircare industry. During the three-day education event, attendees will have the opportunity to connect with world-renowned Redken Artists and educators as well as learn about Redken’s latest product innovations, cutting-edge techniques, and state-of-the-art educational resources and technologies. This year, the center of the Redken Symposium Gallerie will even feature a two-story digital tower space for attendees to explore the latest Redken resources and get connected on social media!
At the event, salon professionals will have the opportunity to sit-in on 27 different classes and panels led by leading global educators. Additionally, Redken’s world-renowned ambassadors will be teaching classes that will provide invaluable skillset training. For styling and finishing touches, Redken Master Colorist David Stanko and Redken Brand Ambassador / Cutler Salon owner Rodney Cutler are co-hosting a “Redken Ambassadors” class, where they’ll be spotlighting how to perfect finishing techniques in the salon, including foil patterning with David and top styling tips with Rodney, while utilizing a combination of salon “talk” into their step-by-step demo.
Redken Celebrity Colorist Tracey Cunningham will also be hosting a “Redken Ambassadors” class where she will share her secrets to keeping Hollywood’s favorite starlets looking their best. Tracey will also be sharing her expert insight into the best hair colors for millennials, how to make blonde hair work for every client and the best ways to achieve professional prescriptive gray coverage.
American Salon Social panels are back and we are kicking off our first one of the new year at Redken Symposium 2017! American Salon Publisher Gordon Miller (@gordnm) will be joined by Jenny Strebe (@theconfessionsofahairstylist), Shelley Gregory (@shelleygregoryhair) and Redken Artist Matthew Tyldesley (@hairbymatt) to discuss all things social and Instagram! You can register for the class here: http://bit.ly/2j1Y0VL
Other Symposium 2017 offerings include:
- Color Sessions Learn the latest color trends and explore the most popular highlighting techniques from the industry’s best experts. Redken Educators share their hottest tips and tricks to creating the perfect custom look for clients.
- Design Sessions Stay on trend with our design sessions! Get rid of old habits and learn popular cuts that never go out of style. Make sure you’re up to speed on the always-trending crop and bob in the “Crops and Bobs” session and learn how to be creative with a “trim”, and ways to change results based on tools used. In the “Cut It Out” session, break old habits and open up to new ways of design, from easy looks for everyday clients to adapting inspiration from trends. The “Redken Man” session offers the know-how needed to meet the needs of male clientele. Embrace the beard and learn how to approach men’s looks from the eyes of a barber!
- Finishing Sessions Go behind the scenes with Redken Education Artistic Director Chris Baran in “Creative Thoughts”, a session that invites attendees into the mind of the artist himself. Redken Education Artistic Director Sam Villa will host “All Tied Up” to showcase the latest in braids, knots, and twists. Other session highlights include creating photogenic hair and learning global techniques for finishing strong.
- Total Look Get the overall package in these Total Look classes and learn how to create fashion-inspired hairstyles, receive consultation tips, understand statement-making haircolor trends, and how to style and show off clients’ curls.
- Social and Digital Media Learn how to navigate each social media platform and understand how to craft meaningful content to reach your audience, ultimately boosting salon sales and growing client base. Stylists learn how to best utilize social platforms and develop a content strategy to attract a wider audience. Get connected with Redken’s mobile social platforms: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Periscope and Spotify @Redken5thAve to interact with the brand in a new way
- The Redken Exchange Experience Ever wonder what it’s like to take a class at The Redken Exchange on New York’s Fifth Avenue? Find out what the buzz is all about by visiting us inside The Redken Gallerie in between Symposium sessions and experience hands-on personal-based sessions with Redken professionals who’ve trained at the award winning advanced learning facility.
Registration: Redken Symposium 2017 is $575 and open through the event date. To view the full list of classes, learn more about special events including the Grand Opening Event and Monday Night Bash and register, visit the dedicated Symposium page on www.RedkenPro.com!
Redken Education on Demand LogoWant education on-the-go? Expert tips and techniques are now at your fingertips with Redken Education on Demand, giving you FREE access with each new launch to Product Knowledge videos, inspiration, product usage, technology, ingredients and expert tips. Be on the lookout throughout 2017 for all-new videos with more haircolor-focused content including coloring techniques, trends and haircolor certification. Click. Watch. Learn. 24/7. For more information, visit RedkenEducationOnDemand.com.
About Redken: For over 50 years Redken’s foundation has been based on extensive scientific knowledge and the belief in, and support of, the expertise of salon professionals. Redken provides salon professionals with innovative products, inspiring education and exclusive salon programs to be as successful and profitable as possible. Located in New York, Redken is also at the forefront of trends and has created a strong relationship with the fashion industry. As a result, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken provides salon professionals and consumers the ultimate professional edge. Visit StyleSeat.com/Redken to book an appointment or buy authentic Redken products from your local salon. For more information, visit RedkenPro.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.