Stars brought their best to the Oscars red carpet, one of the most glamorous nights in Hollywood. Create these chic loooks with these expert hair tips from George Papanikolas and Jennifer MacDougall, plus manicure tips from Terrance Terry.
“Many of the hairstyles we saw at the Oscars are very flattering for many face shapes, especially looks with side parts,” says George Papanikolas, Matrix Celebrity Stylist and StyleSeat Advocate.
Chrissy Teigen’s Vintage Hollywood Waves
1. Apply a small amount of Matrix Biolage Styling Thermal Active Setting Spray to damp hair and blow dry with a large round brush.
2. Part hair slightly to the side. Beginning on the dominant side, wrap hair flat around a 1” curling iron and curl hair in sections.
3. Gently brush the curls and spray hair with Matrix Style Link Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray.
Margot Robbie’s Sleek Side-Swept Look
1. Create a deep side part on damp hair. Apply Matrix Biolage Styling Agave Nectar Control Gel and blow dry using a paddle brush.
2. Using a flat iron, straighten hair and turn ends slightly under with the flat iron.
3. Apply Matrix Style Link Gloss Booster to hair and gently brush through to finish the look.
For more inspiration or to book an appointment with George Papanikolas visit: www.styleseat.com/georgepapanikolas
“Updos look so glamorous and are great for special events like the Oscars. These looks can also be recreated relatively easily,” says Jennifer MacDougall, Celebrity Stylist, L’Oréal Professionnel Educator and StyleSeat Advocate.
Zoe Saldana’s Chic Tousled Bun
1. Using a comb, create a middle part. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel Expansion Body Activating Mousse to damp hair and blow dry with a diffuser.
2. Starting in the front, curl hair with a 1” curling iron away from the face. Then gently separate through the curls with fingers.
3. Leaving the side sections out, loosely pull the hair back into a ponytail and secure with a hair tie. Divide the ponytail into two sections and twist the hair. Then loosely twist the sections around each other and pin with bobby pins at the nape.
4. On the dominant side, leave a few curls free around the face and loosely twist small sections of the hair and pin into a tousled bun. Repeat on the other side.
5. Secure your style with L’Oréal Professionnel Perfect Texture Texturizing Spray.
Rosamund Pike’s Textured Bun
Rosamund Pike looked beyond gorgeous with this elegant textured bun that highlighted her flawless features. This great look can be captured in a few steps.
1. Apply L’Oréal Professionnel True Grip Texturizing Powder to clean, dry hair.
2. Pull hair into loose ponytail at the middle of the head. Adjust and loosen a few strands to create volume.
3. Loosely wrap ponytail around base and secure with bobby pins. If you have a short undercut like Rosamund, comb this section and add a little L’Oréal Professionnel Architexture Matte Defining Paste to smooth.
4. Complete the look by spraying L’Oréal Professionnel Freezing Mist Hard Hold Finishing Spray to maintain volume and hold.
For more inspiration or to book an appointment with Jennifer MacDougall visit: www.styleseat.com/jennifermacdougall
“Nails at the Oscars were simple and elegant, with many deep reds, blacks and pale nudes,” saysTerrance Terry, Essie Educator & Brand Ambassador, Celebrity Manicuristand StyleSeat Advocate.
Rita Ora’s Almond Shaped Pale Manicure
Rita Ora’s nails looked absolutely perfect with her navy gown. Recreate this look with classic sheer pink nails combined with an edgy almond shape.
1. Create almond shaped nails by filing at a harsh angle on the sides of the nails and then gently rounding the tip with a ‘U’ shape motion.
2. Apply Essie First Base Base Coat.
3. Paint nails with two coats of Essie Limo-Scene, a very sheer light pink.
4. Complete the look by applying Essie Good To Go Top Coat.
Dakota Johnson’s Fierce Black Manicure
1. File nails into a square shape by filing across straight across and rounding at corners.
2. Apply Essie First Base Base Coat.
3. Apply two coats of Essie Licorice, a jet black.
4. Finish off with Essie Good To Go Top Coat.
For more inspiration or to book an appointment with Terrance Terry visit: www.styleseat.com/terranceterry
About: StyleSeat is the largest and fastest growing marketplace for beauty and wellness services. The online and mobile platform gives beauty professionals free tools to help them run, manage and grow their business. StyleSeat gives clients a place to search, discover and book appointments with professionals in their area. StyleSeat.com/SalonTools
About Matrix: MATRIX, a leading professional haircare and haircolor company in the United States, is part of L’Oreal USA’s Professional Products Division. To find out more visit Matrix.com.