American Salon is proud to partner with Reuzel and Project X, an online educational resource for barbers, to bring the Project X Instagram Photo Contest to life.
Through Project X, Schorem Barbier's Bertus and Leen bring together 12 of the best barbers who share the same goal: to raise money to help support those who want to become barbers and may not have the financial means to pay for school. Money collected from the sale of the Project X video series is used to provide money towards scholarships and apprenticeships for aspiring barbers.
Beginning April 15, participants can submit a photo of their best male haircut as part of the American Salon|Project X Instagram Contest for a chance to win a trip to the Netherlands to attend the Old School Barber Academy.
HERE’S HOW YOU ENTER:
- Follow @Reuzel on Instagram.
- Follow @american_salon on Instagram.
- Snap a picture of your BEST male haircut in your barbershop or salon – picture must be your original work.
- Entrant must use the hashtag #americansalonprojectX, entrant’s personal and business hashtag as well. No other brand hashtags or mentions will be allowed.
- Tag @Reuzel and @american_salon in your photo on Instagram
- A winner will be announced after an internal judging panel (Leen & Bertus of Reuzel, and Brett & Kelley from American Salon) collaboratively pick their favorite photo.
- Please note: if your Instagram profile is set to private, you can:
- Send your image to @Reuzel via Instagram Direct Message
- If you do not do this, your photo will not be visible to our internal judging panel and you will not be officially entered in the contest
- Send your image to @Reuzel via Instagram Direct Message
*You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- Post your photos using the hashtag #americansalonprojectx
- Tag @Reuzel in your Instagram photo entries
- Tag @american_salon in your Instagram photo entries
- Tag your shop or salon in your Instagram photo entries
- No other brands can be mentioned in the Instagram entry
- You may set up a free Instagram account at https://www.instagram.com/
- The photo must contain at least one photo of your best male haircut
- The photo must be the original work of the Entrant
- The photo may not have been previously published anywhere by the Entrant other than to Instagram to the best of their knowledge and belief
- The photo must not infringe upon the rights of any third-party, including, without limitation, copyright, trademark, and rights of publicity and/or privacy
- The photo must be suitable for publication and may not be offensive, illegal, pornographic, obscene, indecent or similarly inappropriate as deemed solely by Sponsors
- The photo must not contain any personal identification, such as personal names, street or email addresses, or phone numbers
- The photo may not include the likenesses of any identifiable persons other than the Entrant, unless written permission is obtained by the Entrant
- The photo cannot be dangerous or unsafe to make or produce, or include activities that are dangerous, unsafe, or present unreasonable risk of harm to person, animal or property, or suggest or imply to any person to undertake any dangerous, unsafe or unduly risky activity as deemed solely by Sponsors
- The photo may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations. Any photo in violation of any of the above requirements and restrictions will be deemed void
- By submitting a photo in the Contest, each Entrant represents and warrants that these requirements have been met. Failure to satisfy these requirements, as determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, may result in ineligibility with respect to all photos submitted by or on behalf of that Entrant
Submitted photos will be selected according to the following judging criteria:
• Quality of Cut & Style……………………………………………………………………….35%
• Presentation/Image Quality……………………………..………………………………….35%
• Men’s Haircut/Follows Contest Instructions……….…………………………….............30%
SELECTION OF THE EIGHT WEEKLY WINNERS. At the end of each week (Sunday), a Winner will be announced based on the internal judging panel’s favorite image, in compliance with the Official Rules on or around that Sunday. One winner per week, once the winner has been chosen they are no longer eligible to win any additional weekly prizes during the duration of the contest. The winner will still qualify to win the Grand Prize and the secondary prizes. All photos will be reviewed for content before being posted on any social networking site managed by Reuzel and American Salon. Eight weekly Winners will be announced on 4/23, 4/30, 5/7, 5/14, 5/21, 5/28, 6/4, 6/11
SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS FOR THE FIRST AND SECOND RUNNER UP PRIZES. At the end of the Contest Period all photos will be ranked from the internal judging panel’s top image choices. The top 10% of that pool will be judged based on criteria below and the remaining awards will be awarded based off the judging criteria below. Reuzel and American Salon will post the FIRST and SECOND RUNNER UP Winners in compliance with the Official Rules on or around June 25, 2018. All photos will be reviewed for content before being posted on any social networking site managed by Reuzel and American Salon.
SELECTION OF FINALIST FOR GRAND PRIZE WINNER. At the end of the Contest Period all photos will be ranked from the internal judging panel’s top image choices. Reuzel and American Salon will post the GRAND PRIZE Winner in compliance with the Official Rules on or around June 25, 2018. All photos will be reviewed for content before being posted on any social networking site managed by Reuzel and American Salon.
One (1) GRAND PRIZE: One winner will receive airfare and hotel for 2 from Reuzel and American Salon to the Netherlands for seven days and six nights. Grand Prize winner will attend the Old School Barber training program. Grand Prize winner will spend four days in Rotterdam and three days in Amsterdam after attending the Old School Barber training program. Hotel and airfare will be coordinated and scheduled by Reuzel. The Grand Prize winner will also receive Reuzel's Hog Intro to stock their shelves with product. The Grand Prize winner will be announced at the completion of the campaign on the @Reuzel & @american_salon Instagram pages. Grand Prizes will ONLY be awarded to Barbers and Cosmetologists with licenses if required per their country. Value of $8,000 (USD).
Eight (8) First Runner Up Prizes: 8 Winners will receive a hardcover Schorem Book signed by Leen and Bertus. They will also receive (6) Reuzel Gravity Displays filled with six 4oz pomades. Winners will be announced at the completion of the campaign on the @Reuzel & @american_salon Instagram pages. Value of $425 (USD).
Thirty-six (36) Second Runner Up Prizes: 36 Winners will receive a 10 Signature Haircuts DVD, an Open/Closed sign as well as Barber Pole along with (24) 4oz Pomades. Winners will be announced at the completion of the campaign on the @Reuzel & @american_salon Instagram pages. Value of $350 (USD).
Eight (8) Weekly Prizes: 1 Winner each of the 8 weeks will receive a Barber Cape with clips, or a Salon Cape & a Reuzel SCUMBOX filled with (12) 4 oz pomades. 1 winner for a total of 8 weeks will be announced weekly (every Sunday) over the course of the 8-week campaign on the @Reuzel & @american_salon Instagram pages. Value of $150 (USD).
Any government taxes on prize is the sole responsibility of the winner. No transfer, assignment, cash redemption, or substitution of a prize is permitted except that Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a prize (or portion of a prize) with a prize of comparable or greater value or cash value. In the event that a prize cannot be awarded for any reason or a winner is not capable of redeeming a prize for any reason, Sponsors shall not be obligated to award any prize.
RIGHTS IN THE PHOTOS. Each Entrant, as a condition of participation in the Contest, hereby grants Sponsors the exclusive, perpetual, worldwide right to edit, adapt, modify, reproduce, publish, distribute, and otherwise use (unless prohibited by applicable law) the photo (including all material embodied therein) in any way or in any media now or hereafter known for trade, advertising, promotional, or other purposes as Sponsors determine, in their sole and absolute discretion, without further notice or compensation to the Entrant or any other third parties.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram. REUZEL, AMERICAN SALON & Project X, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively, “Releases”) are not responsible for: any incorrect or inaccurate entry information provided by an Entrant; human error; alteration of entries; entries that are processed late or incorrectly or are incomplete or lost. Illegible and incomplete entries are disqualified as are those which in the sole opinion of Sponsors violate any of the above Contest Restrictions. By entering this Contest, Entrants agree that neither REUZEL™, AMERICAN SALON & Project X, nor Instagram shall be liable for personal injuries, death, damages, expenses, costs or losses of any kind resulting from participation or inability to participate in this Contest or acceptance of or use of or inability to use the prize or parts thereof, including, without limitation, claims, suits, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation or portrayal in a false light (whether intentional or unintentional), whether under a theory of contract, tort (including negligence), warranty or other theory. Winner releases REUZEL™, AMERICAN SALON & Project X from any and all liability and responsibility with respect to the prize (including any property loss, damage, personal injury or death). Winner acknowledges that Sponsors have neither made nor are in any manner responsible for any warranty, representation or guarantee, expressed or implied, in fact or in law, related to the prize.
These Official Rules may be amended at any time without prior written notice, in the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action, and/or to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Contest or any portion thereof. In the event this Contest is canceled, terminated, modified or suspended, REUZEL™, AMERICAN SALON & Project X, at their sole discretion, reserves the right to select a Winner from remaining eligible entries or conduct a random drawing to award the prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received before the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension.