Although nail art has been sweeping the nation lately, stars at last night's SAG awards opted for more traditional manicures to pair with their elegant gowns. Wearing colors ranging from baby pink to black, leading ladies like Mandy Moore, Kristen Bell and Olivia Munn rocked Essie, and celebrity manicurists, Michelle Saunders, Emi Kudo and Shigeko Taylor are sharing the details.
- Shades: mademoiselle, speed.setter top coat
- Inspiration: “Mandy’s shimmery, cobalt blue gown called for an elegant, feminine nail. Essie’s mademoiselle, a classic sheer pink, was the ideal choice. We topped it off with speed.setter top coat for a high shine finish,” says Saunders.
- Shades: daytime dreamer
- Inspiration: “Essie’s daytime dreamer was the ultimate match for Saoirse’s Louis Vuitton dress. The lilac blossom hue made for a fresh, monochromatic look,” says Saunders.
- Shades: skinny dip
- Inspiration: “Essie’s skinny dip, a light peachy pink from the wild nudes collection, was the perfect shade to complement Kristen’s fair skin tone as well as her embellished J. Mendel ball gown,” says Kudo.
- Shades: licorice, matte about you top coat
- Inspiration: “Pairing impeccably with her custom Ralph Lauren pant suit, Yara chose a bold, matte nail. We started with two coats of Essie’s licorice, a creamy jet black, and finished with matte about you top coat for an added modern edge,” says Kudo.
- licorice, gel.setter top coat
- Inspiration: “Olivia wanted her nails to play off her sparkling, Oscar de la Renta dress. We started with two coats of a classic, opaque black shade, licorice. Then, we created a variety of simple designs, mixing loose silver glitter with Essie’s gel.setter top coat to mimic the intricate, sequin details of her dress,” says Taylor.