Keeping a morning routine can help settle the mind and boost productivity, while the pandemic weighs heavy on the mind. Tata Harper, founder of the namesake green skincare brand, shares the routine she follows before starting her day with the kids.
Step 1: Self-Care Skincare
I’ve been taking this time to find new ways to reconnect and relax; a big part of that is cherishing these extra moments I have with my children and taking the time for self-care. Finding balance is a daily process. Doing something for myself every day that makes me feel relaxed and gives my busy mind a break allows me to see my goals and vision much more clearly. I’m a skincare maximalist so I have a lot of at-home facial routines for whatever mood my skin is in.
- I like to start the day with exfoliation. I love the Regenerating Cleanser to get rid of the dead skin that accumulates overnight.
- After cleansing, I apply the Hydrating Floral Essence which helps to enhance the penetration of the following products.
- Next, I use the Supernaturals Elixir Vitae, which is our most potent face serum. I call it my daily dose of injectables because it has a complex of four neuropeptides that help relax and diminish the look of wrinkles.
- Then I use an eye cream, I usually go between the Restorative Eye Cream and the Supernaturals Elixir Vitae Eye Serum. It has the same neuropeptides plus microcirculation-boosting technology to minimize the look of dark shadows and puffiness.
- I finish with the Water Lock Moisturizer, which is silicone-free and creates a healthy breathable barrier to the skin while locking in hydration.
- I always use a blush after my skincare to add a little color to my cheeks and forehead. I love the Very Charming shade.
Step 2: Meditation
I’ve been practicing meditation for about five years and it has kept my emotions balanced throughout this quarantine period. Depending on the amount of time I have, I'll do different things and use different techniques, but I have really found what works best for me. When I am out for a walk on the farm I’ll do an active meditation and on days when I have more time, I will do chakra balancing meditation.
Step 3: Morning Smoothie
I make a smoothie every morning. I like to know I am filling my body with plenty of nutrients. These vary depending on the time of year but always consist of plenty of fruits and supplements to get me going in the morning, and boost my immune system and general health and wellness. The smoothie I have been making recently includes:
- ⅔ cup berries
- 1 tsp pomegranate powder
- 3 tbsp coconut milk powder
- 1 tbsp Pure Synergy Organic Superfood Powder
- 1 tbsp Microbiome Labs Probiotics Powder
- 1 tbsp Gundry MD Vital Reds Powder
- 1 tbsp Four Sigmatic Mushroom Blend Powder
- 1 tsp Moon Juice Magnesium Powder
- ½ tsp Sun Potion Macuna Powder
- 2 tbsp Vital Proteins Marine Collagen
- ½ tsp Sun Potion He Shou Wu Rejuvenating Tonic
- 1 glass of water
Step 4: Exercise
Right now I see a personal trainer virtually and focus on core strengthening exercises. I don’t exercise to be fit, but to feel both mentally and physically strong. Exercise helps me relax and reduce stress and just makes me feel balanced and level headed before beginning my day.