After every award show, we're left relishing in the best red carpet hairstyles for days on end. Between reposts on Instagram and highlights on every pop culture news source, there's certainly no shortage of inspiration for red carpet-worthy hairstyles that you can bring to life in the salon.
Because the pinnacle of award show season took place earlier this week, it's only right to bring you six different Oscar hairstyles and their respective step-by-steps to recreate on your clients with ease.
Jennifer Lawrence | Beach Waves
Step-by-Step recreated by Farouk Systems Global Artist Anna Cantu:
- Spray CHI Dry Shampoo on the scalp area.
- This tousled texture begins with 3 large sections:
- First is sectioning ear to ear, that’s your largest section. Next is creating a center part down the middle to the top of the crown. Once you do this it will create 2 sections.
- Taking square 2”sections spray CHI Infra Texture Spray and wrap hair around a Dura CHI 1” Curling Iron for 15 seconds for each strand. Continue to create these soft spring waves on the entire back section.
- On the side section, still take the 2” parts but make sure to curl away from the face.
- Once completed, apply CHI Infra Texture Spray to expand and create movement throughout the hair.
- For added volume you can tease the inside of the hair by running your fingers through the strands.
Taraji P. Henson | A-Line Bob
How-To by celebrity stylist Tymothe Wallace
- Prep hair with Oribe Shampoo and Conditioner for Moisture & Control.
- Cut hair into an a-line bob.
- While damp, apply Oribe Royal Blowout Heat Styling Spray throughout and blow dry using a round brush.
- Flat iron the hair to smooth, and spray Oribe Superfine Hair Spray to secure the style.
- Finish with a light application of Oribe Gold Lust Nourishing Hair Oil for shine. .
Zendaya | Top Knot
Step-by-Step recreated by Farouk Systems Global Artist Anna Cantu
- Begin by applying CHI Silk Infusion and begin to straighten the hair with your CHI LAVA 1” Hairstyling Iron. Since we need to start with smooth, silky hair and these two items will help us achieve that initial look.
- Once straightened, start to gather toward the top of the crown – brush and smooth the hair with a CHI Turbo Backcomb Brush. To control the hairs, create a CHI cocktail with CHI Pliable Polish and CHI Silk Infusion.
- Once you have a good smooth, sleek pony, secure it with an elastic band. Next, apply CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray - Firm Hold to the scalp area only and brush to perfect the pony.
- Using the CHI cocktail again, start to softly twist the pony clock-wise to create a bun. Once completely wrapped, start to lift the front view of the bun to create a more vertical bun. Pin and secure.
- Spray CHI Helmet Head Hairspray to lock in the style.
Allison Williams | Glamorous Waves
How-To by celebrity hairstylist Peter Lux
- Spray the new Kerasilk Style Forming Shape Spray, a versatile product to create weightless movement, onto towel-dried hair.
- Then, style hair with the VARIS Dryer and Nylon Brush to create a smooth and shiny texture.
- Next, working in small sections (which guarantees a closed glossy surface), use the VARIS Curling Iron and curl hair in a forwards motion to create soft, shiny waves.
- After the curls cooled, brush curls out with the VARIS Smoothing Brush.
- Finish with Kerasilk Style Fixing Effect Hairspray to ensure waves stay in place.
Zoey Deutch | Modern Wave
How-To by celebrity stylist Gregory Russell
- Strengthen, revitalize and smooth hair with Matrix Total Results 3-step system: Matrix Total Results Re-Bond Shampoo, Matrix Total Results Re-Bond Pre-Conditioner and Matrix Total Results Re-Bond Conditioner
- Starting on damp hair, prep hair by using Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse throughout the lengths of her hair to maintain body and bounce
- Select a deep side part and blow dry with a medium sized boar’s hair round brush
- Set hair by spraying each section with Matrix Style Link Prep Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray and curl hair with a 1.5” curling iron. Set each section by pinning each curl with a silver duck bill
- Once finished, let the hair cool for 15-20 minutes to maintain shape and body
- Spray hair lightly with Matrix Style Link Mineral Play Back Dry Shampoo and brush the hair out and into shape
- Use a small amount of Matrix Style Link Prep Smooth Setter Smoothing Cream around the face frame and then spray the hair with Matrix Style Link Perfect Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray
Kristin Cavallari | Soft, Textured Updo
How-To by celebrity stylist Riawna Capri
- Nourish and protect hair with Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Shampoo, Biolage R.A.W. Color Care Conditioner
- On damp hair, apply Biolage R.A.W. Heat Styling Primer for heat protection. Blow dry hair
- Prep hair with Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray along with Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray for a smooth but separated defined style
- Use Biolage Bodifying Styling Jelly to add more volume and texture at the root
- Pull section of hair back while spraying Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray and pin in place for separation with small clips to set hair for a “Mohawk” updo
- Pull sides beneath the Mohawk to the back of head; make a knot and pin in place
- Make a small bun at the nape of the neck; take hair from middle section knot and wrap around bottom bun
- Ensure the remaining hair from the Mohawk lays softly twisted around side of bun
- Leave small pieces of hair that fall out of bun down for added softness