BASE COLOR FORMULA
FORMULA 1: Majirel ½ 6N + ½ 6.46/6CR, 20-vol. Majicrème Developer
FORMULA 2: DIA Richesse 7.40/7CCC, 15-vol. DIActivateur
BALAYAGE HIGHLIGHT FORMULA
FORMULA 3: Blond Studio Freehand Techniques Powder, 30-vol. Majicrème Developer
- Create a profile parting from the natural part to the high point of the head, and a radial parting from the high point of the head to behind the ears, separating the front from the back. (Fig. 1-A. Fig. 1-B)
- Take two diagonal-back partings from the radial parting to just below the round of the head, on the left and right side. (Fig. 2)
- Paint single point balayage pieces, approximately 3 highlight checks on each side, working right to left. (Fig. 3)
- Two inches above the previous section, follow the same sectioning pattern and paint double point balayage pieces, approximately 2 highlight checks on each side. (Fig. 3)
- Release the final section in the back of the head and paint 3 single point balayage pieces off the high point of the head, working right, center and left. (Fig. 3)
- Moving to the front left side of the head, or the shallow side of the natural part, take a diagonal back section one inch off of the hairline from the natural part to the radial parting. (Fig. 4)
- Working from the front to the back of the sub-section, paint double point balayage pieces, 2 highlight checks within the sub-section. (Fig. 4)
- Release the remaining hair on the shallow side of the part and paint a double point balayage piece, 1 check within the sub-section. (Fig. 4)
- Move to the front right side of the head, or the heavy side of the natural parting, repeat the partings and technique until complete. (Fig. 5)
- Once application is completed fold the perforated plastic from the front sections over, to not overlap onto the back, for easy removal when rinsing. (Fig. 5)
- Use an extra clip to tighten loose hair in the sub-sectioned hair above your working section.
- Open the hair with your fingers or comb to look at the haircut before sectioning for highlight placement.
- Add product on the planchette for each highlight application, rather than dipping into the bowl, to keep tools clean.
- Throughout the mid-lengths and ends, pickup random highlight pieces and detail them with lightener for added brightness.
- Place 100% cotton under each balayage check to support the highlight and protect the hair underneath from unwanted lightness.
REMOVAL AND RINSING
- Wet, emulsify, rinse and shampoo twice with L’Oréal Professionnel Post Color Shampoo.
- Condition and lock in the color with Série Expert Powerdose Color A·OX in-salon treatment.