- Butterfly Clip
- Perforated Plastic
- Large Balayage Planchette
- Small Balayage Brush
BALAYAGE HIGHLIGHT FORMULA
FORMULA 1: Multi Techniques Powder, 30-vol Majicrème Developer
- Create a profile parting from the natural part to the high point of the head and a radial parting from the high point of the head to behind the ears, separating the front from the back. (Fig 1-A)
- Take two slight diagonal-back partings from the radial part to an inch above the occipital bone, on the left and right side of the head. (Fig 1-A)
- Create a profile parting from the high point of the head following the natural growth pattern to the defined sub-section. (Fig 1-B)
- Paint triple point balayage pieces, approximately 3 highlight checks on each side of the profile part, working center, right, then center, left. (Fig. 2)
- 2 inches above the previous section, follow the same sectioning pattern and paint double point balayage pieces, approximately 3 highlight checks on each side. (Fig. 2)
- Repeat application and sectioning 1 ½ inches above the previous section. (Fig. 2)
- Release the final section in the back of the head and paint double point balayage pieces off the profile parting and a single point piece from the radial parting, 2 highlight checks on each side; working center, right, then center and left. (Fig. 2)
- Moving to the front left side of the head, or the shallow side of the natural parting, create a horizontal sub-section from the low recession to the radial parting. (Fig. 3)
- In a diagonal back motion, insert a butterfly clip at the hairline, using the teeth of the clip to define the highlight pieces. Work from the bottom of hairline section to the top of the sub-section and paint a single point balayage piece, and a triple point balayage piece directly above. Move to the inside of the sub-section and paint a single point balayage piece. (Fig. 3)
- Release the remaining hair and paint a triple point balayage piece, followed by a double point piece to complete the section. (Fig. 3)
- Move to the front right side of the head, or the heavy side of the natural parting, repeat the partings and technique until complete. (Fig. 4-A)
- Once application is completed fold the perforated plastic from the front sections over, to not overlap onto the back, and for easy removal when rinsing. (Fig. 4-B)
- Recommended processing time for 2 levels of lift is 30 minutes, 1 level of lift 15-20 minutes, and 5 minutes to shift the natural base.
- Use an applicator bottle for speed and precision when applying Blond Studio Sunkissed Lightening Oil at the sink.
REMOVAL AND RINSING
- Wet, emulsify, rinse and shampoo twice with L’Oréal Professionnel Post Color Shampoo.
- Condition and lock in the color with Série Expert Powerdose Color A·OX in-salon treatment.
About: L’Oréal Professionnel is a global brand leader in its market, with an exclusive presence in hairdressing salons. Innovative products, tested and approved by the biggest names in hairdressing. We constantly strive to maintain the highest standards of quality in terms of performance, comfort and safety. For more info visit lorealprofessionnel.com.