This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on individual style at Baja East’s FW 2017 Show. “We’re doing very different hairstyles here at the Baja East show. The hair looks are completely dependent on the girl and her individual style. For some, that means a gelled look, and for others, that means a more romantic, low chignon. There’s an individual nature to this show, which makes it fun. Since all these girls are going to the Baja East Party, I wanted them to look glamorous yet cool in their own way.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK
LOOK 1: SLICKED BACK
- Prep hair by washing with Beach Envy Shampoo and Conditioner to bring out its natural texture. Allow to air dry.
- Section the top into four sections. Clip each section out of the way.
- Starting at the ears, apply Hardwear 16 Gel section by section at the root, ending just past the ears, with a fine-toothed comb.
- Use fingers to flatten down the hair close to the head.
- At the front of the head, use fingers to slightly pull hair backwards and off-center. Finish with a dime-size amount of Hardwear 16 Gel for extra hold.
- Clip the gelled hair down close to the scalp to hold.
- Apply Forceful 23 Hairspray to help seal the shape and give added hold.
- Blow dry the gelled section on low for 30 seconds to seal in the look. Leave clips in until hair is fully dry.
- If needed, use a curling iron on random mid-length sections for added texture. Remove clips.
LOOK 2: LOW CHIGNON
- Start with clean, dry hair.
- Apply Guts 10 all around the hairline and at the roots for added volume.
- Roughly blow dry hair at the roots, using fingers for added lift.
- Apply a dime-size small amount of Move Ability 05 towards the front of the face for flexible hold.
- Pull hair back and secure on either side with a clip.
- Tie hair into a low ponytail at the nape of the neck.
- Spray the length of the hair with Fashion Work 12 for added grip.
- Using hands, twist hair up into a knot and secure on each side with hair pins.