To celebrate the start of New York Fashion Week, we're looking back on some of our favorite styles from past seasons.
For February 2017 New York Fashion Week, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on masculine texture at Christopher Kane’s FW 2017 Show. “Clean hair is my base texture for a lot of modern hairstyles, and at the Kane show, this is no different. I’ve prepped the hair with All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner and allowed it to air dry. Then I’ve taken a curling iron to the length once dry to soften the look. A lot of women are afraid of their own natural texture, so a great way to tame it is to allow hair to dry naturally first then add a bit of wave or control by using a hot tool or your fingers. I’m finishing the style with Control Addict 28 Hairspray in the front, flipping it over to one side for a more masculine look. My intention is not for the hair to look perfect—I want it to have personality," Guido says.
GET THE LOOK
- Prep hair with All Soft Shampoo and Conditioner to cleanse the hair and add softness and shine.
- Allow hair to air dry. If hair is straight, use a curling iron on the length to add a little bit of texture.
- Blow dry the top section using fingers to push hairline back and away from the face.
- Use fingers to run through the front top section of the hair, flipping it over to one side for a masculine look.
- Spray hair with Control Addict 28 Hairspray to hold style and use clips on either side to help set. Allow hairspray to fully dry.
- Remove clips and use fingers to make the look slightly messy.
About: For over 50 years Redken’s foundation has been based on extensive scientific knowledge and the belief in, and support of, the expertise of salon professionals. Redken provides salon professionals with innovative products, inspiring education and exclusive salon programs to be as successful and profitable as possible. Located in New York, Redken is also at the forefront of trends and has created a strong relationship with the fashion industry. As a result, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken provides salon professionals and consumers the ultimate professional edge. For more information, visit RedkenPro.com.