On Thursday, July 12, Matrix SOCOLOR Cult Icon Fergie took the stage at the 2018 Feinstein Institute Summer Gala. She was seen debuting newly launched SOCOLOR Cult shades in “Red Hot,” “Orange Alert” and “Lucky Duck Yellow.” Fergie’s vibrant new locks were styled by Matrix celebrity stylists George Papanikolas and Nick Stenson with special help from the two grand prize winners of the Fergie X Matrix SOCOLOR Cult Social Media Contest, Eli Mancha (@elimancha1) and Amanda Stone (@yourfavoritehairstylist).
Celebrity stylists George Papanikolas and Nick Stenson with the two grand prize winners of the Fergie X Matrix SOCOLOR Cult Social Media Contest, Eli Mancha and Amanda Stone.
Get the Look:
- Strengthen, revitalize and smooth hair with Matrix Total Results 3-step system: Matrix Total Results Re-Bond Shampoo, Matrix Total Results Re-Bond Pre-Conditioner and Matrix Total Results Re-Bond Conditioner
- Visit your favorite hairstylist and utilize Matrix SOCOLOR Cult for a vibrant look that is personalized for your own style *Fergie is seen wearing “Red Hot,” “Orange Alert” and “Lucky Duck” shades
- Prep hair by using Matrix Style Link Volume Builder Mousse throughout the lengths of hair to maintain body and bounce
- Select a deep side part and blow dry with a medium sized boar’s hair round brush
- Set hair by spraying each section with Matrix Style Link Prep Heat Buffer Thermal Styling Spray and curl hair with a 1.5” curling iron
- Spray hair lightly, brush the hair out and into shape
- Use a small amount of Matrix Style Link Prep Smooth Setter Smoothing Cream around the faceframe
- Spray the hair with Matrix Style Link Perfect Style Fixer Finishing Hairspray
- For an easy transitional second look – pull hair gently into a ponytail with hair pulled in front to frame the face
Fergie was announced as the SOCOLOR Cult Icon earlier this year at Matrix’s Destination 2018 event and helped launch the #FergieXMatrix #SOCOLORCult Social Media Contest. The contest asked hairstylists around the country to create and submit fun, flirty and fierce vibrant hair color looks for a chance to style Fergie and her dancers for the concert. In May 2018, the 10 winners of the contest were announced and after much anticipation, on Tuesday, July 10th the 10 winners flew to New York City to start their week of learning.. While in the city the winners underwent a hands on training class at the L’Oreal New York Test Salon lead by George Papanikolas and Nick Stenson in preparation for the July 12 concert.
The eight first prize winners had the opportunity to style Fergie’s back up dancers and VIP influencers before the concert.