The Manus x Machina theme graced the red carpet tonight of the 2016 MET Ball with celebrities adorned in designers' take on Fashion in an Age of Technology. Zach Posen's poster girl, Katie Holmes is known for debuting ravishing looks on the red carpet, and this year was no exception.
Katie Holmes stunned on the carpet in an elaborate, beaded Zac Posen gown which was complimented perfectly by her pin straight, Cher-inspired hair created by Sultra, and a sparkling Cartier Museum necklace. We broke down how to achieve her sleek strands with her hairstylist, DJ Quintero.
Behind the Scenes Step-by-Step by Celebrity Hairstylist, DJ Quintero:
1. With extension in, he dampened her hair so it was almost wet.
2. On wet hair with her added extension, he added Alterna’s Caviar 10‑in‑1 Complete Correction Hair Cream to hair and blew it straight.
3. Once dry, he sectioned her hair into very small sections and straightened each piece using Sultra’s Seductress and flat ironed her entire head from root to end.
4. Once straight, he worked in Alterna’s Bamboo Smooth Kendi Dry Oil Mist, layering the oil into strands to create a seamless look.
5. He finished the look with Alterna’s Caviar Anti-Aging Working Hairspray.
About: Sultra Styling Irons and Bombshell Rod Curling Irons feature Exclusive ThermaTru Ceramic Technology - perfect for color-treated, dry or damaged Hair - and the fastest heat up and recovery available. Our exclusive line of Hair Beauty Potions work with hair's natural composition to strengthen and improve the condition of your hair over time. And our Hair Accessories are designed with the latest trends in mind to help you keep your style game in top form.