Two-time nominee Alison Brie took to the red carpet in elegant style for the 24th annual Screen Actor's Guild awards on Sunday evening. Nominated for her part in the Netflix series "GLOW," the actress wore a red Peter Dundas gown with lightning bolt embellishments—a subtle but intentional similarity to her on-screen character Zoya.
To add an element of sophistication to Brie's red carpet look, her ’80s shag haircut—another characteristic of Zoya—was worked into a cool, classic twisted bun at the nape of the neck. Celebrity stylist Rebekah Forecast (@rebekahforecast) used Oribe Hair Care to create the look, emphasizing volume in the front to give an elongated illusion.
- Prep damp hair with Oribe Run-Through Detangling Primer from mid-shaft to ends and brush through.
- Apply Oribe Maximista Thickening Spray on roots and Oribe Grandiose Hair Plumping Mousse throughout for grip and volume.
- Using a round brush, blow dry while twisting the hair for movement and texture. Lift directly up from the root for added volume at the base.
- Once the hair is completely dry, spray Oribe Gold Lust Dry Shampoo throughout and apply Supershine MoisturizIng Cream to ends.
- Twist sections of the hair at the front and pin into place while keeping the natural texture and volume at the crown before loosely sweeping hair into a ponytail at the back (just below the crown).
- Braid the ponytail and twist into a bun, pinning to hold in place at the nape of the neck. Apply Oribe Superfine Strong Hair Spray for hold.
- Finish with Oribe Shine Light Reflecting Spray.