As if being a two-time Olympian and gold medal winner weren't dreamy enough, turns out Aly Raisman can trade in her leo and switch gears from gymnast to beauty queen in no time at all. At Wednesday's 2017 Excellence in Sports Performance Yearly Awards (ESPYs), Raisman stunned the red carpet with sun-kissed waves by Matrix Celebrity Stylist and beauty icon, George Papanikolas. Here, Papanikolas shares how he achieved the look.
Get the look:
- Use Matrix Style Link Blowout Curvy Queen Curl Creating Blowout Cream on damp hair to protect the hair during the styling process and enhance the waves.
- Use a round brush to smooth and add volume.
- Use a 1.5" curling iron to give the hair a soft bend.
- Once cooled, brush out the waves and spray the hair with Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray (launching this August).
- For a final touch, spray Biolage R.A.W. Replenish Oil-Mist through the ends.
"I last did her highlights in March, and as you can see, the low-maintenance placement allows the look to still look great on the red carpet months later," Papanikolas says. "I used my signature two-step highlighting technique where I paint delicate highlights at the root, face frame and crown gradually getting thicker and heavier towards the ends. I recommend the Biolage R.A.W. Re-Hydrate Clay Mask to keep highlighted hair hydrated," Papanikolas adds.
About: MATRIX, the leading professional haircare and haircolor company in the United States, is part of L'Oreal USA's Professional Products Division. Founded in 1980, MATRIX is committed to the development of the salon professional and offers a wide range of products including: Biolage, Biolage Advanced, Biolage Cleansing Conditioner, Biolage ExquisiteOil, Biolage Styling, COLORGRAPHICS, COLORINSIDER, ColorSync, Logics, Oil Wonders, SOBOOST, SOCOLOR, Style Link, and Total Results (MATRIX professional products are available only in salons and can be guaranteed authentic when purchased from authorized retailers.) Visit Matrix.com for hairstyle and haircolor inspiration as well as MATRIX trends and tips!