Beyond its luxe line of hair products, Truss Professional also has a dream team: Mickey Colon (@MickeyColonJr) and Philip Foresto (@hairbyPF). The duo recently jetted to ISSE in Long Beach, CA for a jam-packed show and lots of education, where their talent was in action on stage. To wit: This beautiful blonde, which they created together, with Colon working on the front section and Foresto working on the back. Here, they break down how they got the look.
1. Start at the bottom hair line, and tease midshaft up, back to back, with no weaving. Do this to three slices on each side.
2. Move to the money piece. At the hairline, don't weave and don't tease. Create babylights back to back.
3. Three section weave and and tease 2 inches from the root.
4. Four section zig-zag, weave and tease.
5. After the money piece is done, move back to the side, taking diagnostic back section all the way to the top of the head. Zig-zag, weave and tease.
1. Starting at the nape of the neck and working to the top of the head, utilize a brick lay pattern.
2. Take 1/4 inch sections and backcomb from mid-shaft to scalp. Saturate midlengths to ends and feather from mid-section up for softness. Leaving out 1/2- to 1-inch intervals between each highlight for depth and contrast.