How do you take weight off the bottom of a blunt bob without creating a layered look? In the video below, educational director for Sam Villa Andrew Carruthers takes us step-by-step through an internal graduation cut, a technique that helps collapse the perimeter of a bob giving the hair a fuller, more rounded shape.
- Take a full vertical section of hair starting in the center back of the head and elevate to 45 degrees vertically with your fingers.
- Angle your fingers down and point cut perpendicularly to the diagonal line.
- Stop cutting right before the outermost piece. The texture should be hidden underneath.
- Clip the cut hair out of the way. It’s important to stay organized, if you cut one section more than once the graduation won’t be consistent.
- Repeat this process all the way around the head. Leave out the pieces that frame the face and live outside of the hairline.