For Christian Sirano's S/S ‘19 collection, the designer drew inspiration from a holiday vacation in Hawaii. Combining chic and elegant, he brought bold tropical prints, animal printed organza separates, textured raffia coats and jackets, and bright citrus evening gowns to the NYFW runway earlier this month. Sirano wanted the collection to feel playful, colorful, bright, and romantic with femininity, but still powerful and exciting.
To match his inspiration, Sebastian Professional International Artist Anthony Cole styled youthful twists in the models hair. Here, a breakdown of how to get the look.
- Apply Sebastian Professional Potion 9 and Sebastian Professional Trilliant throughout the hair for heat protection and an ultra-sleek and shiny look. Blow-dry in a backward direction.
- Divide hair into top and bottom sections, splitting at the occipital area and clip bottom section away.
- Divide top half of hair into 7 sections.
- Starting from the middle section, apply Sebastian Professional Shine Crafter for moldable definition and begin twisting and adding hair to occipital area. Secure with elastic band.
- For each twist, wrap hair around the elastic band and secure with hair pin.
- Flat iron the remaining hair from each twist down to end of the hair and apply Sebastian Professional Shine Shaker throughout for a luminous mirror-shine.
- Finish with Sebastian Professional Zero Gravity hairspray.