Gone are the days of simple French braids. From fishtails to five-strand, the braid game is constantly evolving, and Amika’s Global Creative Director Naeemah LaFond is at the forefront of the latest trends. Here, watch as LaFond walks us through a step-by-step for the current braid du jour: the crochet braid.
- Prep the hair using amika Blockade Heat Defense Serum before heat styling.
- Create loose waves in the front using the amika Chamelon Curling Iron with the 19mm attachment.
- Prep hair using amika Supernova Blonde Violet Moisture and Shine Cream for slip.
- Starting on the side without the wave, take a one-inch vertical section and hold it with your left hand. With your right hand, place two fingers behind it, rotate and pull through.
- Next, add hair to the previous section and pull through while holding onto the end. Repeat around the head, keeping the braid close to the nape.
PRO TIP: Weave bobby pins into the braid for a secure hold.