“This look goes hand in hand with the simple hair theme we’ve being seeing a lot this season. The hair is kind of boyish because it’s very simple and easy looking, yet it also has a retro feeling to it. We’re bringing back a hairstyle that was seen in the 80s which is natural-looking in the back yet has that retro feel in the front. I used guts 10 at the forehead and at the sides to get that slight lift and create a feeling that it’s been pulled away at the side of the head.” – Guido
1. Wash hair with Redken’s NEW! Beach Envy Volume Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Apply Redken guts 10 volume spray foam to roots to add slight lift and volume. Let hair air dry naturally.
3. Once dry, create a deep side part and flip hair over to opposite side of head. Spray Redken wind blown 05 dry finishing spray to part and hairline for hold and texture.
4. Using a 1-inch curling iron, create loose waves in the back to achieve a natural look.
5. Using a round brush, briefly blow dry hair in the opposite direction of the section created in step 3.
6. Taking a small section of hair at the front, gently pull to the opposite side of the head and loosely pin in place. Let set for 15 minutes.
7. Release pins and flip section to the opposite side of head to create natural volume and separation.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair.