This season, Redken Global Creative Director Guido capitalized on rock & roll layers at Versace’s SS 2017 Show.
“We’re doing stick straight hair with layers here at the Versace show. We’ve actually cut some of the girls’ hair to add bangs and additional layers into the hair. It seems like we’ve cut a lot of girls’ hair again this year – every designer likes to have girls with cool haircuts. For the girl’s hair we didn’t cut, it’s a really straight hair look. I think the layers add a rock ‘n’ roll, 50-ish look. It’s fun to see straight hair again now. It feels fresh again to see hair this ironed. When you take someone with curly hair and you make it straight, you can show a different face, a different personality. I’m using Pillow Proof as a blow dry primer to protect hair along with Align 12 to help the hair stay smooth and straight. Heat protection is key when you’re ironing the hair. At the end, I’m using Forceful 23 to hold the look.” – Guido
GET THE LOOK: ROCK & ROLL LAYERS
- Create a clean center part. Use a spray water bottle to dampen hair.
- Squeeze a pea-sized amount of Pillow Proof Blow Dry Express Treatment Primer Cream into palms and distribute evenly throughout hair to heat protect and shorten blow dry time.
- Follow with a pea-sized amount of Align 12 Protective Smoothing Lotion to help keep hair strong and shiny.
- Begin blow drying hair with a boar-bristled brush, placing the blow dryer close to the hairline.
- After blow drying each section, quickly place a hand on the area just exposed by heat, then smooth hair with a downward movement to help keep hair straight.
- Use a flatiron on all areas until completely straight, so the hair tightly frames the face.
- Finish with spraying a small amount of Forceful 23 Super Strength Hairspray onto hands and lightly smoothing over on top of the head to tame flyaways.
About: Redken 5th Avenue NYC is a professional haircare and haircolor company dedicated to providing inspiring education, groundbreaking products and unparalleled creativity for clients and stylists alike. With a backstage presence at Fashion Week in New York, London, Milan and Paris, Redken has become a leader in backstage beauty, creating the runway looks for the industry’s most prestigious designers. A unique mix of fashion, innovation and inspiration, Redken creates the buzz, sets the pace and establishes what’s new, what’s hot and what’s next in hair. To locate a Redken salon please log on to Redken.com. Please note, Redken products can only be guaranteed authentic when purchased from a salon. We request that you do not credit drugstores, ‘beauty websites’ or other unauthorized retailers. Visit StyleSeat.com/Redken to book an appointment or buy authentic Redken products from your local salon. For more information, visit Redken.com, like Redken on Facebook or follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Shapchat and Periscope @Redken5thAve.