Demoo Parkchoonmoo’s Spring/Summer 2017 collection goes back to basics with an abundance of structured textures, monotone geometrics, denim and white. With this in mind, Oribe Educator and lead stylist Kien Hoang created a sleek, but lived-in look for the runway. The modern chignon’s perfect middle part and slightly imperfect three-dimensional piecing in back combine to create a style that is complementary to the line’s minimalist theme.
Get the Look:
- Create a perfect middle part with the tail of a comb.
- Spray each side with Thick Dry Finishing Spray and slick the hair down and back behind the ears into a low ponytail.
- Tie the ponytail with a long elastic. Do not cut the extra cord.
- Spritz the ponytail with Royal Blowout and flat iron.
- Split the ponytail into two sections. Tie the first section into a chignon, using the extra elastic to secure in place.
- Drape the second section of the ponytail over the chignon to create a second dimension, and use the remaining elastic to tie in place.
- Use pins to shape the chignon.
- Spray Dry Texturizing Spray on top and pull out individual pieces for a lived-in look.
- Finish with Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray.