Macadamia Professional International Creative Director and celebrity stylist, Giannandrea, kicked off NYFW with a showstopping hairstyle at Nicholas K F/W’16 this morning. See below for the under-chin side knot step-by-step.
1. Starting with wet hair, apply one pump of Macadamia Professional Blow Dry Lotion from the mid-lengths to ends and blow-dry hair straight.
2. Use a flat iron on small sections to seal the straight hair.
3. Create a sharp center part on the crown only and brush hair down into two loose sections on each side of the head, in front of each shoulder.
4. Run a quarter-sized amount of Macadamia Professional Nourishing Moisture Oil Treatment from mid-lengths to ends.
5. Take the hair section on the left side and gently place it across the neck to meet just below the right ear in a ponytail. Secure the ponytail with a hair tie.
6. Wrap an extension matching the hair color around the hair tie to achieve more length or volume if desired.
7. Twist the hair into a wrapped bun and let the end of the hair stick out 7 inches. Secure the bun with bobby-pins.
8. Spray Macadamia Professional Flex Hold Shaping Spray over all of the hair and smooth any flyaways.
9. Insert a distinctive hair piece of your choice and finish with a light mist of Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Dry Oil Micro Mist.
About: Macadamia Professional, The Oil Authority for Global Textures, offers salon quality hair care, treatment and styling solutions with transformational products that address the unique moisture and style control needs of each hair texture. Each product contains Macadamia’s exclusive PRO OIL Complex, a blend of therapeutic Macadamia and Argan Oils, rich in Omega 7, 5, 3, and 9 fatty acids, which deeply yet weightlessly nourish and repair hair from the inside out, rather than just conditioning from the surface, to renew hair’s natural texture with healthy shine, bounce and manageability.