Leanne Marshall's SS18 collection was full of bold colors, block patterns, and delicate, flowing dresses. Oddly enough, the designer found her inspiration on a hot and sweaty New York day, fantasizing of a lush paradise away from the hustle and bustle of the city. To complement the tropical fashion oasis, Jon Reyman, (@jonreymanhair) Aveda Guest Artist, created a whimsical, fairy-tale like style.
- Rough dry Aveda Thickening Tonic into damp hair with an Olivia Garden Ceramic + Ion Supreme Paddle.
- Brush to create some texture.
- Create a rough side part using an Olivia Garden CarboSilk Comb and secure hair into a low ponytail at base of neck.
- Split ponytail into two and create fishtail braids. Secure two fishtails at end with clear hair tie.
- Pull pieces out of fishtail braid to create flyaways and a deconstructed look.
- Wrap braids into a low bun and secure with bobby pins.
- Continue to pull pieces out and loosen bun. Lock in the entire style with Aveda Air Control.
About: Founded in 1978 in Minneapolis, MN, Aveda creates plant-based hair, skin and body products for beauty professionals and consumers. Aveda innovates in botanical technologies, combining the principles of modern science and Ayurveda, the ancient healing art of India, to develop performance-driven hair, skin and body products—made with pure flower and plant essences— that are created with respect for the Earth, and a comprehensive menu of ritual-based treatments for holistic beauty. www.aveda.com