In the heart of summer, it's no surprise that one of the highly requested services in salons is an effortless beach blonde look. The perfect mixture of yellows, browns, and golden hues, blonde balayage can give your client's hair the ultimate summer-in-the-sun glow.
In this how-to video, PRAVANA and Guest Artist Jessica Gonzalez (@jesstheebesttcolor), colorist at Sally Hershberger Los Angeles transform PRAVANA’s own Caisa Airmet, Digital Director, into a sun-kissed beauty. This technique is ideal for clients looking to stay within their color family but want an updated, more blended look for the season.
Get the look:
- Break the base with Chromasilk Ultra Hi-Lifts Beige + Zero Lift Developer, process for 15 minutes.
- Mix Pure Light Balayage Lightener with High and Medium Activators.
- Apply lightener. Use Medium on pre-lightened ends, and High on virgin strands.
- Tip: Only saturate the top of the strands to mimic sun-kissed highlights.
- Hand-paint highlights using Pure Light Balayage Lightener.
- Process until desired lightness is achieved.
- Apply Express Tones Ash to the regrowth and process for five-seven minutes.
- Apply Express Tones Ash + Clear to the mid-shaft and ends, then process for two-three minutes.
- Rinse and style as desired.
About: VIVIDS Color Protect aftercare provides all the essential tools to preserve color vitality and vibrancy like no other product available. Specifically formulated to work with the very special cationic dye system employed in VIVIDS and PASTEL colors, VIVIDS Color Protect aftercare works to ensure long-lasting, bright color. For more information visit pravana.com.