You know that metallic pink that catches your eye every time you scroll through your Instagram feed? The after photo is always incredibly pleasing to the eye, but what you don't often see is the five different tubes of color that were mixed to achieve that final result, or better yet, the panic that ensued when the colorist ran out of color and couldn't remember exactly how to recreate it. We know that fashion colors are a guaranteed client favorite, but I'm sure all hairstylists can agree on one thing: some of the formulations get a little out of hand.
In today's how-to video, George Papanikolas (@georgepapanikolas), Matrix Celebrity Stylist demonstrates an easy way to achieve the metallic shades clients are loving right now, minus all the hassles.
Get the Look:
- Shadow root: Matrix Color Sync 8n
- Matrix Color Sync Rose Gold Metallics (Launching 2018)
- Pre-lighten hair to about a level nine.
- Apply the shadow root formula freely to avoid harsh lines.
- Taking one-inch sections, apply the Rose Gold formula from mids to ends, saturating the ends.
- Be sure to saturate the color throughout to ensure it deposits evenly.
- Process for 20 minutes.