After all the rainbow brights and fluorescent hues that have taken over our feeds as of late, it seems that some colorists are taking a more subtle approach by using lighter or muted colors. Softer variations of bold colors are not only more wearable in today's market, but they also provide for a more natural fadeout. Safe to say we're big fans.
In today's how-to video, Patrick Kalle, Farouk Systems global artistic director, walk us through a color application that leaves his client with a pastel lavender blonde.
Natural Level 7*
Formula 1: Mix 1 part CHI Ionic Blondest Blonde Lightener with 1 part CHI Color Generator 20 Volume.
Formula 2: Mix 2 ounces CHI Ionic Shine Shades Liquid Color Clear in the CHI Mixing Bowl together with 5% of the mixture with CHI Ionic Shine Shades Liquid Color 8V and 5% of the mixture with CHI Ionic Shine Shades Liquid Color Violet additive, equal parts with CHI Color Generator 10 Volume.
- Step 1: Mix 1 part CHI Ionic Blondest Blonde Lightener with1 part CHI Color Generator 20 Volume.
- Step 2: CHI Keratin Mist is used on the porous pre-lightened areas
- Step 3: Take diagonal slices and apply the CHI Ionic Blondest Blonde mixture.
- Step 4: Cover the foil with another foil to control the processing of the color.
- Step 5: Continue taking diagonal partings and slices by following the curve of the scalp.
- Step 6: At the temple area we make free hand highlights with the comb in vertical strands. Processing time 10 minutes low heat and 20 minutes cool down.
- Step 7: Rinse the highlighted slices with lukewarm water.
- Step 8: Shampoo the hair with the CHI Infra Shampoo.
- Step 9: Apply CHI Infra Color Lock treatment on towel-dry hair and leave in for 5 minutes this restores the pH level and keeps the color locked in the hair.
- Step 10: Put 1 part CHI Ionic Shine Shades Clear (60 cc) in the CHI Applicator.
- Step 11: Add 6 cc (10%) CHI Ionic Shine Shades Liquid Color 8V. Mix together with the 60 cc CHI Ionic Shine Shades Liquid Color Clear in the CHI applicator and 66 cc CHI Color Generator 10 Volume.
- Step 12: Apply the light lavender mixture from roots to ends.
- Step 13: Process for 15 minutes room temperature.
- Step 14: Apply a few drops of CHI Silk Infusion. Press in between the hair cuticle with the CHI Lava Hairstyling Iron. You can use this iron on lower settings to remain the best quality of the hair.