When it comes to fringe hair styles for men, there are multiple routes you can take. If your client has thick hair, you can opt for a bold, statement fringe, but if he has thinner hair, a long, feathered fringe might be your best bet for a versatile style. Better yet, incorporate a fade for added character. Below, Danny Amorim (@successaddict), GIBS Grooming Director of Education, demonstrates how to cut sweeping fringe and blend it seamlessly into a soft fade.
Get the Look:
- Using #2 guard, trim from nape to parietal ridge creating a line of demarcation.
- Use clipper over comb to blend away weight line into the crown.
- Using #1 guard, blend under temple and occipital bone.
- Use #0 guard on sideburn and nape for a soft transition.
- Use trimmers to create detailed line around the ear.
- Use clippers with backhand clipper-over-finger technique to achieve desired length.
- Add texture with point cutting.
- For continuous texture on the crown and around the parietal ridge, use thinning shears.
- Use a straight razor to clean up around the ear.
- To style, apply GIBS Grooming Original Outlaw Hair Spackle and Brawler Bantamweight Hairspray.