Cate Blanchett stunned fans while appearing on the red carpet with her freshly cut bob. Her simple, elegant waves combined with a beautiful textured style completed the look which was inspired by the iconic photographer Lillian Bassman whose photographs exude innovation and elegance with cutting edge fashion. This was refreshing and stood out during the time of the 40's and 50's when total femininity and elegance lived in full splendor. Wella Professionals stylist Robert Vetica and Cate discussed the bold decision of cutting her hair the day of the Oscars for quite some time. “This is one of the reasons I love this woman so much! I mean who cuts their hair the day of? She is bold and makes her regal presence known,” says Robert.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Elements Renewing Shampoo and Daily Renewing Conditioner which helps hydrate, nourish and strengthen hair.
2. Next, apply Wella Professionals EIMI Perfect Setting Blowdry Lotion to add strength and hold.
3. Next, section the hair into two parts and apply Wella Professionals EIMI Thermal Image to create volume and natural movement.
4. Next, curl each section with a 1 inch curling iron, just to give the hair bend.
5. Quickly, set each section with a velcro roller at a diagonal angle away from the face and spray with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential Finishing Spray.
6. Allow the rollers to stay in 45 minutes then remove and gently brush through the curls and use the blow dryer to help loosen the set.
7. Finish the look with Wella Professionals EIMI Stay Essential Finishing Spray to ensure the final results last.
Stylist: Wella Professionals Stylist Robert Vetica
About: WELLA products help make beauty dreams real everyday for millions of stylists and consumers worldwide. WELLA’s brands are distributed in more than 180,000 salons across the globe, and include Sebastian Professional, Koleston Perfect by Wella Professionals, Color Touch by Wella Professionals, Blondor by Wella Professionals, Clairol Professional and Nioxin. Visit wella.com for more information.