After five days of non-stop babes, bathing suits and beach-inspired locks, Miami Swim Week wrapped earlier this week. Serving up some of the hottest swim looks of the season, models took to the runway in South Beach sporting everything from tousled waves to topknots styled by R+Co educator Sera Sloane. In these step-by-steps, Sloane walks us through four summer-esque looks that can be recreated on your clients no matter the season.
This year’s presentation for the Aguaclara collection included complete summer day and night looks. Sloane used R+Co to create a hair look that complemented the swimwear. “Shine was really important,” Sloane adds, who used a variety of products to achieve the final look.
How to Get the Look:
- Start by spraying GRID Structural Hold Setting Spray into the hair before blow-drying, to create a base for the style.
- Using a curling iron, add definition by creating light waves to strands of hair.
- Split hair into two pigtails, twisting them away from the face. Then tuck hair behind the ears until it sets.
- Untwist hair, spray TROPHY Shine + Texture Spray and tousle.
- Finish with CONTINENTAL Glossing Wax to smooth the hairline and front pieces.
For Love & Lemons
The 2018 collection for For Love & Lemons had an ultra-sexy and flirty vibe. The final hair look was inspired by vacationing without having an air-conditioner. Sloane created a look that mimicked being out all day in hot, humid weather. “The vibe was super, super sweaty and sort of oily,” Sloane says.
How to Get the Look:
- Start with a generous amount of TINSEL Smoothing Oil and apply to the hair, focusing on the ends to imitate the look of greasy hair.
- Gather hair into a messy and sloppy topknot, leaving large strands of loose hair out.
- Pull strands of hair down in the front and on the sides of the face.
- Using more TINSEL at the ends of the pieces of hair left out of the topknot, finish the look by twisting and scrunching the ends of the hair into little ‘S’ patterns.
The inspiration for the Beach Bunny 2018 collection was heaven on earth. To match the vibe of the pieces, Sloane created a light and airy look on the models. “We really focused on giving the girls as much hair as possible,” she says.
- Start by using a curling iron to create big, soft waves. Let hair set.
- Spray DEATH VALLEY Dry Shampoo at the roots and through then mid-lengths.
- Add extensions for volume and length, and brush through to blend together.
- Spritz ROCKAWAY Salt Spray at the roots and mid-lengths of the hair, then blow-dry.
- Brush through the hair to create the airy look.
- Apply BADLANDS Dry Shampoo Paste at the roots and massage in.
- Finish with SKYLINE Dry Shampoo Powder (available September 2017) at mid-lengths and brush through.
The Luli Fama 2018 collection was inspired by all things Cuba, and featured cut outs, bright prints and flirty details. Sloane used R+Co products to create two looks to complement the pieces.
- Begin by misting the hair. Then pump PALM SPRINGS Pre-Shampoo Treatment into palms and emulsify before applying to the hair.
- Brush through the hair.
- Using MOTORCYCLE Flexible Gel gather hair and create a topknot, using bobby pins to secure.
- Finish with CONTINENTAL Glossing Wax and apply at and around the hairline edges to add high-shine.
How to Get the Look: Loose Waves
- Begin by using a curling iron to create soft waves.
- Spray the hair with FOIL Frizz + Static Control Spray.
- Apply CONTINENTAL Glossing Wax to the hairline to calm down any frizz due to humidity and to hold hair in place.
- Finish with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray for added hold.
About Luxury Brand Partners: Luxury Brand Partners develops and nurtures prestige artist-driven beauty brands, with a focus on innovation and a passion for the creative mind. With offices in Miami and New York City, our portfolio of companies offers high-performance products and top-of-the-line education informed by both an artistic and a business perspective. The management team has a long history of building iconic brands and leverages its knowledge of salon professionals and the end-consumer to create lines that meet their needs in new and exciting ways. For more information, visitwww.luxurybrandpartners.com