“I usually always attend Ciara’s fittings. It helps me get inspired and prepare for the looks we will be doing. When I saw the look at the H&M showroom, I wanted to play off the fun patterns in the dress. I immediately thought something tribal, twisted, dreaded and maybe frizzy would complete her look,” said MIZANI Global Artistic Director Cesar Ramirez
1. To start, Cesar parted the hair down the center from front hairline to the crown. Then from the crown down to the neck, he zigzag parted to create an invisible part in the back.
2. Next, Cesar started braiding down each side off the part using MIZANI DEFYNE WAX to really detail the braids. Once he started braiding off the head, he switched to a fishtail braid.
3. Cesar then took a separate bundle of loose hair (custom blended) to match her color and made a long separate fishtail braid.
4. He crossed and hair pinned the two loose ends in the back to sit right above the neck, then pinned in the separate fishtail like a headband behind the previous braid.
5. Cesar then pulled on each strand of each braid and lightly sprayed MIZANI SHYNE Bodifying Sheen Spray for slip – this created all the loose frizzy texture.
6. Cesar finished the look with MIZANI HRM Humidity Resistant Mist for hold.
About: At MIZANI, the professional authority for all textured hair, we offer an expert solution to confidently transform texture for any style, without compromising the condition of the hair. Founded in 1991, MIZANI’s strong heritage in the industry allows for the offering of professional grade hair products, designed to empower stylists and consumers to help create any look desired with ease. There is no need to sacrifice hair health for a fabulous style. MIZANI products are not only made from nourishing ingredients, they are designed to add to the health of the hair by providing a balance of strength and moisture. For more information, visit MIZANI.com.