'Tis the season for beachy waves! From an everyday client to a celebrity icon, the tussled look is perfect for day-to-day wear or even the red carpet. On Sunday night, Eden Sassoon, (@edensassoon) daughter of legendary beauty mogul Vidal Sassoon, hosted the North American Hairstyling Awards (NAHA) in Las Vegas. Styled by Matrix Artistic Director and Celebrity Stylist Nick Stenson (@nickstenson), Eden flaunted soft, flowing waves and loose braids for the magical evening.
Eden Sassoon and Nick Stenson // Photo courtesy of Instagram
"When discussing Eden's look we settled on something that made her feel most herself and reflected her free-spirited personality and modern bohemian vibe," Stenson says. "We embodied this with textured, sculpted waves and loose braids to frame her face—all while keeping the look soft and beautiful to honor the princess-like Galia Lahav gown she wore.”
Get the look:
- To prep hair, use Biologe R.A.W. Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner.
- On damp hair apply Biologe R.A.W. Smoothing Styling Milk.
- Once dry, follow with Biolage R.A.W. Bodifying Styling Jelly for texture and grip. Create a center part and comb around the hair line, creating waves and giving the hair direction.
- Spray hair with Biologe R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray then use a ¾ inch curling iron to curl the hair, and brush the waves through to keep them soft.
- Take two two-inch sections of hair around the face, braid and secure with clear ponytail holders. Gently pull the braids to loosen them and spray with Biologe R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray to secure it.
- Tease hair where you want the volume to hold and use minimal pins to hold hair in place, spray the hair with Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray to tame any frizz.
About: MATRIX, a leading professional haircare and hair color company in the United States, is part of L’Oreal USA’s Professional Products Division. Matrix was founded in 1980 by the American husband and wife hairdressing team, Arnie and Sydell Miller. Before he founded Matrix, Mr. Miller was a hairdresser for over 20 years. Now, over two decades later, the Millers’ original ideas still stand strong, and Matrix is committed to the development of the salon professional, offering a wide range of haircare, haircolor and texturizing products.