Hailee Steinfeld first became known for her role in True Grit in 2010, but the multitalented 20-year-old has since added model and singer to her expansive résumé. On Sunday evening, Steinfeld celebrated with some of music’s biggest names at the 2017 Video Music Awards, held at The Forum in Inglewood, California. Styled by celebrity hairstylist Gregory Russell (@gregoryrussellhair), Steinfeld wore face-framing waves to complement her soft blue Versace Couture dress.
“Hailee and I were instantly inspired by her dress to create waist-length hair that sports both texture and shine,” Russell says. Read on to learn how to recreate the look on your clients.
- On Hailee’s damp hair, I started with a golf ball–size of Kenra Whip Grip Mousse and massaged through the lengths of her hair to create body.
- Next, I center-parted her hair and blew out the Mohawk section with a round brush.
- After, I roughly dried the rest of the hair to create a more natural texture.
- In one-inch sections, I sprayed Kenra Platinum Heat Block Spray before taking a flat iron to create subtle waves.
- I sprayed mid-strands to the ends with Kenra Platinum Dry Texture Spray for added volume and texture.
- To help add shine, I used a pearl-sized amount of Kenra Platinum Snail CC Creme through the ends.
- To finish and set her hair, I used the Kenra Shaping Spray to tame any flyaways.
About: Three unique brands, Kenra, Kenra Platinum, and Kenra Color, are each driven by the daily needs of stylists. A complete range of high-performance products combined with straightforward and accessible education gives stylists the confidence to address every client’s need.