Daughter of renowned actors Alec Baldwin and Kim Basinger, Ireland Baldwin (@irelandbasingerbaldwin) is leaving her own unique thumbprint on the fashion and film industry—and she's only 22. Earlier this week, Baldwin stopped by the grand opening of the new Biolage R.A.W. Flagship Salon in New York City to test out some of the brand's natural-origin styling collection with Matrix Celebrity Colorist George Papanikolas (@georgepapanikolas).
“I wanted to recreate the natural beach waves Ireland loves after being in the ocean," Papanikolas says. "We embodied her surfer-girl personality and natural vibe with simple, textured waves, keeping the hair soft and beautiful."
- To prep hair, use Biolage R.A.W. Nourish Shampoo and Conditioner.
- To prep dry hair, apply Biolage R.A.W. Smoothing Styling Milk to ease the grip of blow drying and to nourish the hair.
- Create a center part and comb around the hairline creating waves and giving the hair direction.
- Spray with Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray to give definition then use a 3/4-inch barrel curling iron to curl hair, and brush the waves through to keep them soft.
- Spray the Biolage R.A.W. Frizz Control Styling Spray through the hair to maintain frizz and protect from humidity.
- Finish it off with the Biolage R.A.W. Texturizing Styling Spray to set and add texture to the hair.
About: MATRIX, a leading professional haircare and hair color company in the United States, is part of L’Oréal USA’s Professional Products Division. Matrix was founded in 1980 by the American husband and wife hairdressing team, Arnie and Sydell Miller. Before he founded Matrix, Mr. Miller was a hairdresser for over 20 years. Now, over two decades later, the Millers’ original ideas still stand strong, and Matrix is committed to the development of the salon professional, offering a wide range of haircare, haircolor and texturizing products.